Check of curricular requirements
Students with Italian Degree
If you have an Italian degree in Economics (L-33) or Business Science (L 18), or an equivalent Italian qualification, your curricular admission requirements are automatically recognized.
If you have any other Italian degree, you must submit the Application for Assessment of Curricular Requirements.
Curricular Requirements are:
- at least 12 CFU in the SSDs SECS-P/01 SECS-P/02, SECS-P/03, SECS-P/04, SECS-P/05, SECS-P/06, SECS-P/12
- at least 12 CFU in the SSDs SECS-P/07, SECS-P/08, SECS-P/09, SECS-P/10, SECS-P/11, ING-IND/35
- at least 24 CFU in the SSD SECS-S/01, SECS-S/02, SECS-S/03, SECS-S/04, SECS-S/05, SECS-S/06, MAT/01, MAT/02, MAT/03, MAT/04, MAT/05, MAT/06, MAT/07, MAT/08, MAT/09, INF/01, ING-INF/05
- at least 9 CFU in SSD IUS/01, IUS/04, IUS/05 IUS/12, IUS/13, IUS/14
The Selection Commettee communicates the outcome within 30 days.
If you obtain assessment, you must pre-enroll and take an oral interview.
If you do not meet all requirements, you may acquire the missing CFU by enrolling in individual training activities
Please note: Also undergraduate students who have passed all the exams may submit the Application for Assessment of Curricular Requirements.
Students with foreign degree
If you are an Italian, European student, or a non-EU student with Italian residence you must follow the procedure here:
and you must submit the Application for Assessment of Curricular Requirements.
If you are a non-EU student with residence abroad you have to apply for pre-assessment at apply.unige.eu.
Please note: All students with a a foreign degree must take the Italian Language Test.
Check of the adequacy of personal preparation - Oral interview
After pre-enrolment, all applicants have to take an interview for
- proofing they can communicate easily and spontaneously in a clear and detailed manner in English (exemptions)
- demonstrating their personal preparation in economics and business science (exemptions)
The applicants must know the main subjects taught in the economics and/or business science basic courses (basic mathematics, financial mathematics, statistics, business economics, micro and macroeconomics).
Applicants may revise these topics using their handbooks and/or their course notes and/or other suitable bibliographic references.
Applicants can find some useful bibliographic references, some information about the main topic they are required to know and some examples of the questions they might be asked by the Selection Committee at this page
Students who will have demonstrated serious deficiencies will be declared unsuitable. The applicants declared unsuitable can freely repeat the interview until the required level is achieved.
You are exempt from proofing your English language competence only if you can certificate at least a B2 English level (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
You are exempt from interview if you have an Italian degree in L-33 (Economics) or L-18 (Economics and Business Management Sciences), or in a corresponding degree class ex DM 509/99, or in the previous system, with a mark greater than or equal to 99/110.